Human Resources and Employment
Trinity Law Group attorneys actively counsel employers in employment legal compliance and personnel best practices. We help our clients develop, design, prepare, implement and enforce employee and human resource policies, plans and programs.
Among the documents Trinity Law Group lawyers prepare include offer letters, employment agreements, non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements, assignment of invention agreements, non-competition agreements, non-solicitation agreements, employee handbooks, compensation and bonus programs, incentive stock options, restricted stock, phantom equity plans, severance agreements and post-enforcement compliance letters. We also prepare independent contractor agreements, sales representative agreements and referral contracts and assist optimizing the terms for the employer. We also counsel our clients on termination matters and internal record-keeping. We manage employment disputes, including termination and discrimination claims. Where appropriate, we work closely with business immigration counsel to assure conformity with immigration laws.
Typical engagements include counsel, evaluation, negotiation and document drafting and analysis for private businesses and public companies in the following contexts:
- Employment agreements for chief executive officers, founders and other principals
- Stock incentive plans (such as ISOPs) for key employees, consultants and strategic advisors
- Phantom Stock agreements for executive officers
- Employment agreements in connection with a sale of the company or a financing
- Standard employment offer letters and non-disclosure agreements
- Employment handbooks and related policies and procedures
- Analysis of Employee versus Independent Contractor status and related documentation
- Severance and termination situations for executives and other employees
- Retention agreements