Financings - Venture Capital, Angels, Banks and Securities Offerings
Trinity Law Group attorneys have considerable experience on every side of financing transactions and liquidity events.
Trinity Law Group lawyers guide emerging growth companies and entrepreneurs through the various stages of corporate finance. We help structure and negotiate deals from term sheets through organizing and delivering due diligence and closing. Our clients have successfully completed offerings and financing transactions that have included "friends and family" rounds, angel investors, venture capital, private equity, recapitalizations, debt financing, royalty financing and other complex strategic funding transactions.
We have represented several of the nation’s leading venture capital funds and private investors in negotiating and structuring investments in companies in a variety of industries, including high tech, clean tech, real estate, hardware, software, internet, publishing, human resources and franchising. We have commented and lectured on the elements of venture capital and angel financing. Our lawyers are instrumental in preparing and negotiating term sheets and venture capital documentation as well as performing company due diligence. We also assist in private investment fund formation, structuring and organizational matters.
Acquisition Finance Magazine (ACQ), a premier global corporate magazine named Trinity Law Group, “Venture Capital Law Firm Of The Year” and Walter A. Wright, III, “Venture Capital Lawyer Of The Year” for Massachusetts in its ACQ5 Global Awards 2014. The ACQ5 Global Awards celebrate the achievement and innovation of leaders, business teams and distinguished firms. Chosen by ACQ’s readership, the award winners exemplify the best in industry leadership, achievement and best practices across various business sectors.
Examples of the financing engagements of Trinity Law Group lawyers are below.
Company Side Venture Capital, Angel and Bank Financing
- Represented credit intelligence enterprise in Series B through Series G Preferred Stock financing with a series of prominent venture capital funds.
- Represented environmental information business in Seed Series through Series C Preferred Stock financing.
- Represented online real estate transaction business in negotiation and preparation of Series A Stock investment by venture capital fund and related partial exit.
- Represented online shopping service in Series A through Series D Preferred Stock financings.
- Represented medical services provider in secured line of credit.
- Represented numerous clients in connection with underwriting and other financing intermediary agreements with investment bankers, placement agents and securities brokers.
- Represented B to B email marketing service in Series A through Series E Preferred Stock financings.
- Represented online professional network in convertible note financing.
- Represented display technology start-up in convertible note financing.
- Represented online publication customizing tool company in convertible note financings.
- Represented business information platform company in technology bank financings.
- Represented real estate information company in royalty capital financing.
- Represented bioinformatics company in Series A through D Preferred Stock financings.
- Represented software as a service information business in a series of preferred stock and convertible note financings by a state sponsored venture capital fund and an angel investor group.
- Represented bio-identification enterprise in private placement of preferred stock.
- Represented derivative securities investment fund in private placement of limited partnership interests.
- Represented telecommunications consultancy in venture capital financing of Series A Preferred Stock.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in a series of capital stock private placements
- Represented a aquaculture/hydroponics in a series of common stock private placements.
- Represented a nationwide environmental consulting firm in multistate secured bank loans.
- Represented a nationwide car rental franchisor in multiple secured credit agreements.
- Represented a pollution control equipment provider in equipment leasing financing.
- Represented a portable energy manufacturer in secured acquisition financing and related refinancing.
Fund & Investor Side Venture Capital & Angel Financing
- Represented leading venture capital funds in lead, syndicate and follow-on investments including Preferred Stock and Convertible Note financings in a military and consumer robotics company, a telecommunication provider, professional employer organization, restaurant paging company, artificial intelligence start-up, marketing analysis software provider, enterprise dialogue marketing solutions company, social media monitoring solution provider, customer analytics company.
- Represented angel accredited investors and entrepreneurs in purchases of limited partnership interests in investment funds, Preferred Stock and Convertible Notes in ecommerce websites, private equity funds, solar energy providers, wind energy start-ups, software developers and service companies.
Fund Formation, Organization and Counseling
- Structuring, formed and provide management and compliance advice for venture capital, angel & private equity, hedge, mortgage security and energy trading private investment funds in the U.S. and offshore.
- Our work includes the preparation of offering materials, negotiation with prospective investors, preparation of limited partnership and limited liability company (LLC) operating agreements, counseling on and documenting management and carried interest agreements, Regulation D compliance, Blue Sky (state securities law compliance) and consummating investment transactions.